FESTIVAL OF CRICKET 2014 - MATCH RULES OF THE COMPETITION
1. ELIGIBILITY OF PLAYERS
- Only 7 players from the list of 10 players submitted prior to the Tournament are allowed per team per game.
- All Teams must 'REPORT' at the Ground Cricket Secretariat prior to the commencement of the Tournament BY 8.30 a.m.
- All Players will be 'VERIFIED' by the Ground Match Referee prior to and during each game at the Pitch.
- SUBMISSION OF AN UNLISTED PLAYER WILL RESULT IN AUTOMATIC DISQUALIFICATION FROM THE TOURNAMENT.
- Any dispute on the day as to the eligibility of a player or players, if found to be unresolved prior to the match being started, the ground Match Referee after informing and confirming with the Chairman of Cricket, can request the Player or Players be withdrawn from the game and if no further confirmation is forthcoming, from the Tournament.
- Any Delay will result in Reduction of Overs, 10 minutes by 1 Over, 15 min by 2 Overs, 20 min by 4 Overs,25 min forfeiture of the match.
- When submitting the list of 10 players, please ensure that THE PLAYERS MEET THE FOLLOWING:
(1) ALL PARTICIPANTS MUST BE BONA FIDE OLD BOYS OF THEIR RESPECTIVE COLLEGE REPRESENTING THEIR OBA IN THE FESTIVAL OF CRICKET U.K.
(2) PHOTOGRAPHS OF ALL PLAYERS MUST BE SUBMITTED, AUTHENTICATED BY THE PRESIDENT & THE FOC REPS.
(3) THE PLAYERS CANNOT BE CURRENT OR PAST TEST, ODI, 'A' TEAM, POOL & REPRESENTATIVE MATCH PLAYERS (BOC XI, PM'S XI, or any other names.)
(4) ANY NATIONAL OR A TEAM PLAYER WHO HAS PLAYED IN FOC PRIOR TO INTRODUCTION OF THE RULE CAN PLAY THIS YEAR AS LONG AS THEY ARE INCLUDED IN THE SQUAD.
(5) TWO (2) SONS OF AN OBA MEMBER/S MEETING THE ABOVE CRITERIA ARE ELIGIBLE TO PARTICIPATE SUBJECT TO AUTHENTICATION BY THE PRESIDENT OF THE OBA & THE FOC REPRESENTATIVES.
(6) ALL OBA'S ARE STRICTLY ADVISED TO SELECT PLAYERS RESIDING IN THE U.K. ANY BREACH OF THESE RULES WILL RESULT IN NON-PARTICIPATION FROM AND DISQUALIFICATION OF YOUR OBA FROM THE FESTIVAL OF CRICKET TOURNAMENT PENDING SUBSEQUENT ACTION AT THE FESTIVAL OF CRICKET ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING.
2. TOURNAMENT- All Matches - 5 OVERS PER EACH SIDE
Due to any change in circumstances The Cricket Sub Committee shall reduce the number of overs to accommodate the smooth progress of the tournament.
3. All Players must wear proper cricket whites and standard protective gear which is their own responsibility, The FOC will not be made liable in any event.
4. All Players are expected to take established fielding positions in the cricket field, especially the wicket-keeper, who CANNOT stand on the boundary AND without the PADS, Umpires have the right to stop this practice, failing that disqualification.
5. Each bowler's run up shall be limited to 10 yards AND ONLY ONE OVER PER BOWLER in a game.
6. ONE RUN will be awarded for a WIDE BALL and an EXTRA BALL would be required to be bowled plus any runs scored.
7. ONE RUN will be awarded for a NO BALL and an EXTRA BALL be bowled plus any runs scored. Underarm bowling is a no ball.
8. In the event of an injury to a bowler during bowling the Captain can nominate a player who is not in their list of bowlers to complete the over.
9. All Teams will be required to report to the ground at 8.30 and be ready 30 minutes prior to start of the Match at their allocated ground.
All teams must report promptly to their grounds, Delay match starting time will result in team losing overs off their batting innings.
Any Delay will result in Reduction of Overs, 10 minutes by 1 Over, 15 min by 2 Overs, 20 min by 4 Overs,25 min forfeiture of the match.
25 minutes delay will result in a walk over to the opposition team. Minimum of 6 players per side needed to start a match.
In the event of walkover, opposition team run rate will be calculated based on their previous matches and action will be taken by the FOC for the team forfeited the match.
10. Any dispute before the start of the game should be reported to the Ground Match Referee whose decision once taken will be Final.
Any dispute during the game will be dealt with by the Umpires along with the Ground Match Referee whose decision once taken will be Final.
Any dispute after the game will be reported to the Chairman of the Cricket Sub-Committee whose decision once taken will be Final.(Note: Decision could be after the Event)
11. In the event of rain interruptions to play reduced over basis shall be agreed by all teams. Continuous rain will be subject to Umpires, Ground Staff and Match Referee's decision. The final decision will rest with the Cricket Sub-Committee.
Run Rate will be based on batting net run-rate in the Match
- In the event of a Tie, the least number of wickets and if that is the same, the number of runs scored off the bat, if that is the same, number of sixes, then number of fours still no result then a ball out, all six bowlers will be bowling at the stumps, the most wickets the winner, if that is the same Golden Wicket Rule applies.
12. Each participating OBA MUST provide a SCORER for their respective matches before play commences.
13. It is a 7 a side match, so except the keeper 5 out field players must bowl an over.
ALL TEAM SQUADS SHOULD SUBMITTED BY END OF MAY 2014. ANY PLAYER PROTEST MUST BE RAISED BEFORE 06/07/14 AND FINAL DECISIONS WILL BE MADE BY THE SUB COMMITTEE BY 13/07/2014. NO PLAYER PROTESTS WILL BE TAKEN AFTER THE DEADLINE. ANY PROTEST ON THE DAY OF FOC SHALL ONLY BE IF ANY PLAYER IS ON THE FIELD WHO IS NOT ON THE SUBMITTED SQUAD.