Established in 1873 in the veranda of the Church, with 75 Boys and 12 Girls, Headmaster Mr. B, Emmanuel Split into two, Boys’ School and Girls’ School in 1876. Headmaster of the Boys’ School Mr. Leo de Silva Rev, Fr. Pius Fernando Mis, Ap, a Diocesan Priest from Negombo, Parish Priest from 1880 to 1930 built the old row of trellis walled class rooms which still stands today. In 1881 the School was recognized for teaching of English. Mr. K.D. Fernando become Principal in 1881.
in 1901 the present Robinson Memorial hall was built on a land donated by Mr. John Croos of Negombo In 1904. Mr. Joseph Gregory Perera, an old boy of the School joined as a pupil teacher retired in 1946, He was popularly known as “Joseph master”, Head masters during his time were J,M, Direckse, AS, Scharnignivel, L,D’w, Jayasighe, C,J, Rodrigo and Charles Robinson. Mr. Charls Robinson installed as Head master on 1 September 1923. He retired as principal in 1958. Cadet Platoon (Junior) inaugurated on 10.12.1938 under the charge of Mr. J,B, Madasekara, Later Mr. E.A. Perusinghe, who was a Lieutenant took over cadetting.
The Scout Troop 3rd Matale was inaugurated in 1935 with Mr. F. de S, Gunawardena as Scout Master and S,B, Pamunuwa as his Assistant, When Mr. Robinson retired he was succeeded by Mr. George Denlow who left the School after a short stint and he was replaced by Mr. B.J. Perera.