Kingswood College (Sinhala : කිංස්වුඩ් විද්යාලය) is a National school which offers primary and secondary education for boys in Sri Lanka. The school was founded by L. E. Blaze on 4 May 1891, with 11 students at a site on Pavilion Street in Kandy. Later, the school was moved to a site on Peradeniya Road. Since then, the school has grown considerably, having over 3,500 students and 200 faculty members. It is one of the oldest schools in Kandy, and is commonly known as KCK. The college song was written by Louis Edmund Blaze with the lyrics from the song of Kingswood School in England adapted to local conditions. The College crest was designed by A Bartlam of the technical school with the help of Mr. R. G. Anthonisz. Dr. A. E. A. Poulier had the badge drawn in England and arranged for the stamp to be engraved. The shield and the cross stand for fides in both its literal and derived meaning; with the sun and the wings representing virtues.
With a vision to maintain the spirit of Kingswood among the past students, throughout their lives, OBA is established to ensure that the members will never fail in their lives wherever they go, whatever they do. The association is maintained with the spirit of Kingswood to keep the school name shining, with the knowledge gained, goals achieved, strength developed, kindness shared, responsibilities taken and everything done to the betterment the of the nation by the Old students of the school.
Mr. Prasad Thalgaspitiya